Are you ready to explore ways to connect students’ cultures, languages, and life experiences with what they learn in school?
If so, we’ve got just what you need.
BCDI-Atlanta’s Culturally Responsive Literacy Course equips early educators with information and resources necessary for building relationships and experiences that support the needs of young learners and their parents.
At the end of the course, early educators will be able to identify strategies for students and their parents to feel a sense of belonging in their classrooms by arranging a space where they feel safe, respected, heard, and challenged during the implementation of listening, speaking, reading and writing experiences.
HERE IS WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COURSE
10 MODULES OF SELF PACED ONLINE TRAINING
- Module 1: Cultural Responsiveness
- Module 2: The Role of the Teacher in a Culturally Responsive Literacy Environment
- Module 3: Creating a Culturally Responsive Literacy Classroom
- Module 4: Emergent Literacy and Cultural Responsiveness
- Module 5: Foundations of Reading and Cultural Responsiveness
- Module 6: Foundations of Writing and Cultural Responsiveness
- Module 7: Technology in a Culturally Responsive Literacy Environment
- Module 8: Assessment in a Culturally Responsive Literacy Environment
- Module 9: Modeling Positive Expectations in a Culturally Responsive Literacy
- Module 10: The Influence of Parents and Community in a Culturally Responsive Literacy Environment
WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- This self-paced online course trains parents and child care professionals on how to create an intentional and supportive environment that meets the diverse needs of all learners.
- This comprehensive training also elevates the level of cultural awareness and responsiveness of parents and child care profession to better address all children’s needs.
- Resources and toolkits are provided to staff in child-serving programs AND parents!
- Your purchase grants you one year of course access, so you can complete the modules at your own pace.