Are you ready to explore ways to cultivate healthy eating habits of young children by connecting their cultures and life experiences with what they learn in school?
If so, we’ve got just what you need.GET ACCESS TO THE "Getting Started with Farm to Early Care & Education" ONLINE COURSE
This course engages early educators in discovering and planning developmentally appropriate and culturally responsive Farm to Early Care and Education experiences for young children.
At the end of the course, early educators will be able to:
1. Recognize Farm to Early Care and Education and initiatives in Georgia.
2. Explore developmentally appropriate gardening experiences for young children.
3. Explore developmentally appropriate cooking and tasting experiences for young children.
4. Examine methods for incorporating social and racial equity with nutrition.
5. Discover strategies for engaging stakeholders in nutrition education.
6. Develop Farm to Early Care and Education goals and a plan of action.JOIN THE "Getting Started with Farm to Early Care & Education" ONLINE COURSE
HERE IS WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COURSE
4 MODULES OF SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
- Module 1: Farm to Early Care & Education in Georgia
- Module 2: Gardening Experiences for Young Children
- Module 3: Cooking and Tasting Experiences for Young Children
- Module 4: Incorporating Social and Racial Equity with Nutrition
Earn 10 hours of DECAL-approved Training
WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- This self-paced online course trains early educators on how to create intentional and supportive environmental experiences that encourage healthy eating habits and meet the diverse needs of all learners.
- This comprehensive training elevates the level of cultural awareness and responsiveness of early educators to better address all children’s nutritional needs.
- Your purchase grants you one year of course access, so you can complete the modules at your own pace.